Careers with L&F
opportunities with our team
view our openings
We at Leonard & Finco Public Relations, Inc. believe that if our associates succeed professionally and personally, so does the company.
Because of this belief, we want good people on staff; honest people, sincere people, caring people and talented people. We enjoy our work and want you to enjoy your work as well.
Our business is one of teamwork, of creativity, of meeting deadlines and helping our clients to achieve their goals in the most professional, positive way possible.
We enjoy and appreciate a fun and flexible atmosphere where we can depend on each other to do the job, just as we enjoy the times when we are frantically working together toward a project completion or deadline. It’s all part of the business.
Leonard & Finco Public Relations offers competitive pay and benefits and a business casual working environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Public Relations Account Executive
Fun. Fast‐paced. Teamwork. The person holding this position should enjoy an environment where no two days are the same. We work with a wide variety of clients in diverse industries, so you’ll learn something new every day! This position works directly with L&F clients, providing strategic advice and guidance while implementing communication plans and tactics presented to and approved by the client.
You’ll work to carry out the goals and objectives of Leonard & Finco Public Relations, Inc., under the direction and guidance of the L&F management team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a lead or backup on client accounts. Responsible for the day-to-day execution and management of quality client work, ensuring it is completed in a timely, professional, efficient and effective manner.
- Contributing to strategy sessions to develop ideas and plans for clients as well as providing input on client proposals developed by management
- Developing and implementing strategic communication plans and tactics which may include but are not limited to: messaging development, writing, media relations, social/online/digital media, presentations, website(s) work, event and meeting planning, stakeholder outreach, etc. within the budget parameters established by clients
- Media Relations: Working with, and developing relationships with, key media contacts on behalf of the client and generate relevant coverage; media list development
- Crisis communication: This may include assessments, messaging, communication, media relations
- Continuous learning: Study and learn about industry and technology developments through reading, seminar attendance, etc. Staying up to date on general news and information as well as industry news relating to clients
- Planning, scheduling and prioritizing work responsibilities while meeting deadlines in the daily working environment; demonstrating a commitment to getting the job done and producing results for clients
- Client Development: Being aware of and encouraging opportunities for the development of additional work with existing clients and/or being aware of new work opportunities which can be pursued by management.
- Responsible for accuracy and accountability for all client records, task and timelines, receipts and timesheets. Maintain a daily log of all activities and work with the internal accountant to ensure clients are billed properly.
- Maintain an average of 70% billable hours during the course of a month.
- Flexibility to be able to work nights, weekends and occasional holidays when the client needs are outside of normal working hours or when the job requires extra time or effort. This is not a usual occurrence, but it does sometimes happen.
- Follow and adhere to company rules and regulations as well as standards of conduct outlined in the Leonard & Finco Public Relations, Inc. employee handbook.
- Educational requirements include a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a communications field.
- 3-5 years+ of experience in the field of public relations, communications, or government relations, advertising, marketing or the media. Prior agency experience a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to write concisely and professionally for varied audiences about diverse topics. Knowledge of AP Style.
- Working knowledge of social media and other digital platforms for businesses and organizations.
- Be a self-starter and a team player with a positive, solution-oriented attitude.
- Possess demonstrated abilities to plan, organize, set strict deadlines and priorities.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and remain flexible; works well under pressure, remaining calm and professional
- Ability to be a leader on a project and provide professional direction as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to problem-solve and make sound professional decisions.
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Professional understanding of company and client confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to build professional relationships and successfully work with a variety of different clients and personalities in the scope of the workday.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher), and Adobe Acrobat.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Knowledge of social and digital media advertising
- Graphic design experience
- Photography and/or videography skills; experience with photo or video editing tools (Adobe Premier, Photoshop)
- Present a professional appearance and demeanor as an associate of L&F.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by first day of work; the company will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons.
- Be bondable, possess a valid driver’s license, have reliable transportation and automobile insurance.
- Willing to sign a limited non-compete agreement. It does not limit your ability to leave L&F; but it does prohibit you from taking L&F clients with you should you leave.
Compensation & Benefits:
At L&F, we enjoy our work and want you to enjoy your work as well. Our business is one of teamwork, of creativity, of meeting deadlines and helping our clients to achieve their goals in the most professional, positive way possible.
We enjoy and appreciate a fun and relaxed in-office atmosphere, where we collaborate, innovate and can depend on each other to do the job, just as we enjoy the times when we are frantically working together toward a project completion or deadline. It’s all part of the business.
Leonard & Finco Public Relations offers a business casual working environment with a compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Professional development
- Company events and outings
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement plan with company match
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance policy
If you think you have the knowledge, experience, energy and principles to be a part of the Leonard & Finco Public Relations team, send us your resume, cover letter, writing and/or design samples to:
Or, apply through LinkedIn