Case Study Headline Goes Here
U.S. Gain, a division of U.S. Venture, is a leader in development, procurement and distribution of renewable and compressed natural gas for the transportation and energy segments.
U.S. Gain was seeking to create broad awareness through earned media placements on a local, regional and national level to:
- Position U.S. Gain as the experts in the RNG / sustainable energy industry
- Grow and reinforce the company’s image and brand
- Generate positive media coverage (traditional, online and social) for its renewable energy efforts
U.S. Gain retained the services of Leonard & Finco (L&F) to develop and implement a comprehensive media relations/branding campaign targeting media in key national markets to build recognition with reporters and, subsequently, generate news stories that position U.S. Gain as an industry leader resulting in greater brand awareness through story placements reaching its targeted audiences.
L&F developed a strategic communications plan designed to achieve U.S. Gain’s goal, including identifying reporters in each key media market while working collaboratively with representatives from U.S. Gain to develop key messages for projects within each market that resonate with reporters and would lead to news story coverage. L&F also assisted with planning and coordination of events associated with grand openings of GAIN Clean Fuel stations throughout North America.
The PR strategy was successful:
- Producing key media placements in regional and national news outlets.
- Securing a live on-air interview on Midwest powerhouse radio station WTMJ; which was broadcast regionally (Wisconsin and Illinois).
- Generating news stories in local and regional media and industry trade publications.
- Landing an interview with a Bloomberg News energy reporter.
The GAIN Clean Fuel station grand opening events created opportunities to involve local leadership and influencers within those communities by including them as part of the ceremonies. In addition to generating media coverage, the events also built a greater awareness of U.S. Gain’s sustainability efforts with these leaders. The results was that many of the leaders became brand ambassadors for U.S. Gain by sharing the positive news and information with others within their communities.
The success of the overall effort has elevated U.S. Gain’s visibility and strengthened its brand, helping to open the door to new business opportunities.