By: Cole Buergi, Senior Account Executive, Leonard & Finco Public Relations
When setting your New Year’s resolutions for 2011, be sure to include developing a PR / Marketing plan for your business. Many businesses owners don’t take the time to establish a formal plan to promote their business which can result in missed opportunities to reach consumers, directly translating into lost revenue.
It can take a little effort but now is a great time of year to determine how you want to accomplish your business goals. Many businesses tend to be slow between Christmas and the New Year so why not take this time to plan for next year.
When developing your plan, consider the following:
• What are the goals you want to accomplish?
• What do you know about my industry and what research can you do to learn more?
• What tools are available to accomplish these goals?
• How do you successfully incorporate social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, FourSquare, etc…) into your efforts?
• Who will implement the tactics and track their success?
Don’t forget to get your employees involved in the planning process. It helps build support and buy-in and broadens the process for generating new strategies and tactics.
Also, make it fun for everyone. This is a time for creativity and the free exchange of ideas. Some of the most off-the-wall ideas can lead to an idea that works perfectly.
So for the coming year, add creating a PR / Marketing plan to your promises for 2011. And, just like your resolution to exercise more or quit a bad habit, if you stick to it, you will be rewarded.
What are some of your business resolutions? How are you getting your employees involved?