By: Angela Raleigh, Account Executive, Leonard & Finco Public Relations, Inc.
Let’s face it, not every company has a budget for social media. But there are ways that even companies with tiny budgets can profit from the use of social media. Here are some tips to consider:
- Ask your customers to engage. The more customers that “like” your company Facebook page or “follow” your company Twitter account, the more exposure for your brand.
- Use photos and videos. Images and video can strengthen the message you’re trying to communicate.
- Pat yourself on the back. Don’t be afraid to tell everyone what sets your company apart from the competition.
- Go mobile. Cell phone advertising via text messaging is another way to grow your network.
- Use email blasts. Emails are still a great way to communicate and make contact with customers and drive them to your social media sites and website.
- Pay attention to your competition. Take time to do your own market research.
Remember even with a tiny budget you can still reap the benefits of having social media as part of your PR efforts. Be consistent and persistent in following the plan you develop to reach your target audiences in a timely manner. What tips do you follow to keep your social media plan in check and within budget?