By: Angela Raleigh, Account Executive, Leonard & Finco Public Relations, Inc.
Social media platforms serve as the newsstands, the video monitors and the storefronts of your brand. So cutting through the noise is an important step in making connections that count.
You can use social media to demonstrate your expertise and develop connections to help generate leads and referrals, increase your brand awareness and create new opportunities. As we all know, social media is where we choose to go to meet new people, to engage in conversation, learn new things, build relationships and to network. But many companies face social media challenges including:
- Demands for quick, unplanned updates.
- Investing time to keep social media accounts up-to-date on a daily basis.
- Sharing too much or not sharing enough
- Not knowing what to say.
- Knowing which social media platform is the best for your business.
But don’t let the challenges of social media keep you from engaging in the social environment. Here are some key things to keep in mind:
- Get organized: Follow experts, reporters and news sources in your industry. Organize them into lists to make things more manageable.
- Give it time: Review your social networks on a daily basis. This will help you stay up-to-date on industry news and what is being said about your brand.
- Do your research: Monitor brand mentions, competitors and key industry organizations to see how individuals across social platforms are engaging in the conversation.
- Protect your brand: Develop and share a social media policy internally that keeps social activity compliant with regulations and professional.
How do you cut through the noise to make connections that count?