By: Susan Finco, Leonard & Finco Public Relations
5. Influence of social media. Everything we see indicates the increasing influence of social media; it isn’t going away anytime soon. That doesn’t mean traditional media is dead; quite the opposite. Traditional media will continue to provide news with a growing emphasis on doing so via social.
4. Social media advertising. Understanding how social media advertising works, what it will and won’t do, will be essential to good PR efforts.
3. Key words. Want to extend the reach of your online communication? Key words – especially in headlines – are more important than ever.
2. More visuals. It’s the world we live in. Photos. Videos. Live streaming. Some visual element(s) is a must in PR today.
1. Analytics. None of the preceding items are relevant if you don’t know what they are doing for you or if they’re accomplishing your goals.
And while there will always be new trends around the corner, there are some things that WON’T change in the PR world in 2017. Those include:
5. Continued importance of targeted communication. We are bombarded with more messages than ever before. Make sure your communication efforts are targeted.
4. Face-to-face conversations still count. Whether it’s in-person or via video, seeing someone face-to-face can make a world of difference when establishing or maintaining strong agency-client relationships.
1. Knowing what makes something interesting. Always know what makes your communication efforts interesting to others; be it journalists, co-workers or another business. That’s the hook you need to get them to watch, read and listen.
Is there anything you’d like to add to this list? We’d love to know. In the meantime, happy holidays from everyone at Leonard & Finco Public Relations, Inc.!